4.27.2012

Small Backyard Makeover - After and Friday Fun!

So to end the Backyard Makeover for this week, here are some pictures of working on the plants/pots, and some After pictures. It's still a work in progress, but that just means I will have to post an update in a month or so!

My little girl helped me out by pulling out some of the soil,
 and of course getting it all over herself! After this picture,
she ran around after me saying "Hands!"
 until I could find something to wipe them off with.

Planting the Seed Paper that was from my Wedding Reception!

View of all the pots and chairs together. I'm not sure where I want to position
 them in the yard yet, so they are in the middle for now.

Three of the potted plants with a solar light that says "laugh".

Two Petunia Flower plants, along with a Geranium and the
 "Petunias for my Petunia" Polymer Clay garden Marker that I made.

With the leftover soil that my daughter played with,
I planted a small patch of catnip seeds right outside of our back door for our cats.

And today one of our two bunny friends came to visit.
They usually come to our yard every day, and my daughter loves to go see them.

The plants that we ended up with are: Geranium, Petunia, Roma Tomato, Strawberry, Lemon Verbena, Leeks ( maybe for the bunny), Oregano, Catnip, Cilantro, Marigolds, and Mint. I am not sure what will grow from the seed paper yet.

There is another great Easy Plant Markers tutorial on this wonderful blog!

My family spent about 35 dollars to do this quick makeover. All that we had before was the two dark chairs, and the solar light that was given to me!

Stay tuned next week for some more handcrafted fun/finds. Keep entering the $500 cash giveaway on my blog, and take a look back at all of the posts this week in case you missed one. This weekend, I will be working on adding some new "In My World" series houses to Etsy, and possibly a greeting card that goes with them. Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so lovely!!! Laughing at your little one;)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com