7.19.2012

Etsy Finds Thursday - Mold Making Update - and More

Today I took two quick pictures of using the mold's that I made last weekend. I don't have my good camera right now, so they aren't the best pictures. Making molds with polymer clay does work better with more defined lines, but I think they will work for me for now. I have made molds by hand carving rubber in the past also.

First, though, I found some "flying" themed Etsy listings to share. My daughter has been fascinated with birds (or "birdy") lately, which got me searching yesterday during her nap for some "flying" inspiration. Going Clockwise:


1. Fly me to the moon and back quote poster by NeueGraphic 
2. Nursery Mobile - Hot Air Balloon by ShopLittles
3. Silver kite necklace with Czech beaded bows by GeometricSkies
4. T16 Brass Flying Bird Ring by LaChicadelosAnillos
5. notebook - lined - flying fish by ARMINHO
6. Flying pig brooch with two pearly cloud brooches by OtherWorlds


And here are the two pictures of how using the polymer clay molds worked out:

Before: The molds worked well, of course the back is unfinished/blank, and I had to cut around the edges.

Painted quickly, this picture is before they were baked. I had to add the eye on the bird.
I also worked on a necklace last night using polymer clay, a shell from the beach that my daughter found, and a piece of sea glass that I have had for a while. I will try to get some pictures for tomorrow once I finish it. Have a nice Thursday, and a great weekend, but check back tomorrow for another post!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Have a great day:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com