5.07.2012

Scrap Paper Mother's Day Card DIY- Mother's Day 2012 - How Tuseday!

I found some great DIY instructions for beautiful handcrafted Mother's Day cards around the web last night. Here are three of them you should check out:








Mother's Day is Sunday! So I thought I would  also share a quick how-to for making a Mother's Day card with scrap paper. I used some spare scrapbook paper that I had, and a 5x7 (A7) blank greeting card. You can find blank greeting cards at many local big-name stores, and online also. You could also use blank card stock paper if you have it around your home!

Here's what I did, and the supplies I used:






In case you can't read the text on the pictures (the text is smaller than I thought), here are the steps:

Supplies: Blank Greeting Card or Card stock, Glue/Sealant, Paint, Pen, Your favorite quote or Poem, Scrap Paper ( I used Scrapbook paper), Paint Brush.

1. Draw a pattern on the blank card, and add colored paint of your choice (I used acrylic paint).
    Then paint over this with white paint before the colored paint has completely dried.

2. Write a quote or poem of your choice over the paint.
    Then lightly paint over the written text with white paint also.

3. Lay out the scrap paper in whatever pattern that you like.
    Seal it on the greeting card with glue or glaze. I used Inkssentials Glossy Accents.

Have a great Tuesday! If you have found any great how-to's today, or have one of your own, share them in the comments section of this post. I would love to check them out.

1 comments:

Duni said...

Hi Rachel,

thank you so much for linking to my Mother's Day card tutorial!!
Love that scrap paper heart on your card :)
have a lovely day,
Duni

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com