3.22.2012

Renewing my Blog, and a Before and After of some new Clay Work!

Yesterday while my daughter took a nap, I decided to take some before and after shots of some new Polymer Clay work that I started this week. I also read some great tutorials on fixing up this blog.
You can find the tutorials here: Kevin and Amanda's  Blog and Other Tutorials

Originally, I wanted to create my version of comic strips each week and post them here. Unfortunately things around my house got really busy until the middle of this month. So now my goal is to make behind-the-scene posts of my art that I am selling on Etsy, great art and geek finds that I see around the internet, and if I have time, a new comic each month!


The other day, I posted this picture to my Facebook page:
My Messy Art Corner


 And here is a before shot of what I was working on that day:
Raw Polymer Clay


And the (almost) finished product:
Painted, Baked, Sealed, and added Canvas and Felt "wings"

Messing around with some Translucent Polymer Clay, I came up with these. It took me a while (two days) to figure out what to call them and what to do with them. I added felt/fabric to the bottom of them, and then made these canvas and felt "wings". I decided to call them pocket animal familiars (since they are about 2x3 inches). They also match my latest greeting cards!

Hoping to add these to my etsy shop in the next week or two. In the mean time, I will keep fixing up my blog, and maybe even get some time to play my current video game.

Thanks for reading! 
If you like using facebook, be sure to like my page, once I get 17 likes, I will be having a giveaway there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com